Balance Update for SC2 Live Today
The latest balance update for StarCraft 2 Heart of the Swarm is due to be released today with changes for all three races. I asked Team Silicon Sports’ resident Protoss Grand Master his thoughts on the new patch.
Pezz: “Personally I’m of the opinion that an Oracle buff was not needed. It’s already seeing a lot of usage in all 3 matchups. I’m afraid mostly for PvP and PvT, proxy oracle rushes in PvT just got stronger, and in PvP they will arrive faster at your base.”
“The tank buff is nice, hopefully we’ll see more mech in TvP.“
“The roach buff seems incredibly strong, it’s one of those things we’ll have to wait and see. If people really experiment with a roach burrow style I think it can be a very potent strategy to use in the mid game. However, I think it will take time before people start using it.“
Here are the details for the changes. What do you think?
- Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4.
- Acceleration increased from 2 to 3.
- Units that burrow or cloak while under the effects of Revelation will once again be revealed after unburrowing or uncloaking.
- Vehicle and Ship Weapon upgrades have been combined.
- Siege Mode attack period decreased from 3.0 to 2.8.
- Sentinel Missiles now deal reduced damage to units caught within its splash radius based on their distance from the target:
- 40 damage within 1.25 radius.
- 20 damage from 1.25 to 1.5.
- 10 damage from 1.5 to 1.75.
- The Tunneling Claws upgrade now increases burrowed Roach movement speed from 1.41 to 2.
More comments from Team Silicon Sports
Petrify: “THANK GOD FUCK MINES THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER”
“Oracle change seems excessive.”
“Terran upgrades seems too strong but will take a while before people realise, tank buff is needed.
“I doubt the roach change will effect much – roaches aren’t ideal in ZvT even vs mech and in ZvP, Voidrays exist so that is why roach maxes aren’t really a thing.”